Thursday, November 3, 2011
A Birthday Far Away
So...my dear friend Lisa rudely left our quiet little neighborhood to go live in Honduras while her husband is selfishly helping to build a temple there. How could anyone want to help build temples for the church in a part of the world where it's needed?! (Please note my sarcasm.) Anyway, it's her big 30th birthday today, and I don't trust the mail delivery, so she gets a little gift here on my blog. Not really a gift as much as it is a little insight into how much she is missed. Since my blog is really "all things Amelia", how could she not be a part of this post? This is Amelia's new thing to do...climb up to the computer EVERY morning and say, "Lisa, Connor, Caden...Skype?" Yes, my 20 month old says "Skype." I have it on video but there is too much to edit around it and I have a deadline here to post this today. She also loves to look at pics on my phone of Caden and Connor, so that fills up a lot of our quiet time on the couch. And now that I have a new phone, she also asks for "Skype" on my phone too. Oh boy, I've created a technology monster. So here are a few pics to show how she patiently sits and waits...she even monkeys with the mouse and knows how to adjust the volume just in case we call. And for some reason she seems to always be in her purple jammies when I snap the pics. Lastly, just for Lisa, just to rub it in, the pic of her and Amelia the night before she left for Honduras. Lisa came over around 10:30pm and I had to pull Amelia out of bed to say goodbye. We love you "eyeglass!" Happy 30th Birthday!!!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday Lisa !!
Seriously, Amelia asks for you, Caden and Connor all the time. Good thing the weather has changed enough so we don't walk by your house as much with her calling for you guys. You are having such an unforgetable experience..enjoy it !
Ah, thank you so much! We definitely missed celebrating with friends and family . I love the picture of you guys on the couch. She is so sweet. We love you guys!
Post a Comment