Friday, December 31, 2010

Amelia's First Christmas!

I think I've waited as long to celebrate Amelia's first Christmas as I did to actually give birth! It's one of those things that I used to daydream about and I can't believe it's come and gone. It was magical and perfect and she made it the best Christmas I've ever had. Hands down. We started off the festivities with a visit to Temple Square to see the lights. Amelia was in awe. Her eyes were huge all night. Then we were able to see Holli and her kids for another 2 seconds before they headed back to California, so Amelia and Jax got to play together for a minute. I sure miss my friends, especially around the holidays. (That means especially you Nat.) Amelia sure loves our new car and she wanted a chance behind the wheel - she takes after me with her need to drive already! And I can't help it, but I had to get about the 500th bathtub picture. That face kills me! Then we had to grab a pic in her Christmas dress for church - the darling little jacket didn't make it in the pic. Bummer. Then the week of parties started. First with my Mom's on the 22nd. We had a special visit from Cousin Eddie, aka my brother-in-law Jason. Every year he gets us rolling with laughter by staying in character all night, outfit and all. The party was great and Amelia loved all the commotion. She loved the boxes the best - forget the presents. Her special gift to me that night was her first time peeing on me as we were getting her in the tub. So thoughtful. The 23rd was always the party with my Grandparents, but since they are gone, my Uncle Bruce has carried on the tradition. It's so strange how family dynamics change as we age. Then the 24th was our evening with Mark's family. Such a fun night with Grandma Kass. Amelia has this little chair that she loves sitting in and it's the cutest thing. She also discovered the piano - I think she's a natural! Getting her ready for bed on Christmas Eve was different than all the other nights. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with just the magic of Christmas. I even waited to put some of her presents under the tree until she went to bed. (Like she would know the difference!) Christmas morning was magical as well. Even though she wasn't crazy about opening all the presents and Mark had to do most of them for her, it was still a once in a lifetime experience to witness her very first Christmas morning. We let her stay in jammies until we got over to my Mom's and we just hung out there the rest of the day. The best gift of all came toward the end of the day. She didn't want to sleep in the pack 'n' play, so I held her in my arms, where for the first time since she was maybe 8 weeks old, she fell asleep on me. Truly magical and the best part of the day. Tuck got a little jealous, so he felt the need to get a part of me too. Watching her sleep made me realize how blessed I am to have her. And especially at Christmas when we need to remember another baby in another time. How grateful I am to know we are an Eternal family because of Him. This year has been incredible and my words can't do it justice. I can't believe how Motherhood has changed my life and how I can't imagine a world without Amelia in it. I apologize for the long post and the bazillion pictures to follow. I just love her SO much!!!





























5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every moment is to be cherished with your precious 'gift'. Life is pretty much perfect when you love a baby this much and it just gets better everyday.

Kass said...

Brilliant pictures, but there weren't enough. Seriously, I could watch all these beautiful faces all day. Wonderful times. I feel so lucky to be able to share some of them with you.

Amy Edwards said...

Thanks Mama Kass. We are lucky to share them with you as well. I love the look on your faces with your heads tilted watching Mark sing. Priceless.

Tiffanie said...

Darling darling pictures you guys. What a gorgeous family you make! Amelia is so cute. So happy for you all! and miss ya too. Happy New Year to all of you!

Lisa Heath said...

I don't usually comment, but she is so dang cute! I can't resist. Seriously, that girl is adorable and you guys are in trouble(when she grows up and all the boys start chasing her, that is). I also can't wait until you have a boy and get peed on every day...