Friday, January 7, 2011

35

Usually all the posts on this blog are dedicated to all things Amelia. But I decided to give a much deserved post to her Daddy, who just had a big birthday. Yesterday we celebrated Mark's 35th birthday. Unfortunately he had court, so he couldn't take the day off, but we still found ways to spend time with him throughout the day which included eating at some of our favorite places for all 3 meals!

It started off with trucking to breakfast at Paradise Bakery at 7:15 with a balmy temperature of 22 degrees. No pic to document it, but it was really fun to get Amelia out and about so early. She couldn't figure out what was going on because she was put in the car in her jammies and it was dark outside! We later met my whole family for lunch at Rumbi, and again no pic to document it. It is also my sister Allyson's birthday, so it was a shared birthday event. My sister Melissa was nice enough to offer to watch Amelia that night so Mark and I could have a nice dinner together, at of course our favorite place, the Garden Cafe at the Grand America. Mmmmmm. We tried a few new things and they were all delicious. The presentation always amazes me. The salad had a wrapped crouton, the free range chicken had the most delicious glaze and as always the most mouth-watering mashed potatoes. And then for dessert, Mark fell in love with Smores. Not the typical camp fire smores. Oh no, these were amazing. A homemade almond glazed marshmallow with a layer of chocolate baked inside, homemade graham crackers, chocolate sauce, and an english toffee ice cream with caramel strips. Delicious. Of course I had the bread pudding which might be my most favorite dessert. We are both hitting the gym hard today after all the food we ate, but it was so much fun!

He opened his presents when we got home, and of course, I have no pics to document it. I don't know what my problem was! He got a bunch of "grown-up" clothes like ties, cuff link shirts, and shoes. But the best was saved for last...everyone went in on a home theatre system for our movie room downstairs. Way awesome.
So Happy Birthday Mark! Hope you had as much fun as we did!








2 comments:

Kass said...

Yum, except for the Entertainment Center. Guess you can't eat that.

Nat said...

Happy birthday, Mark!! A day doesn't get much better than that! Cute Christmas pics below - I am a little slow! I loved seeing you guys - miss you!