Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July

We had a packed day this year! It started off bright and early at 6am with my insane idea to run a half-marathon. Didn't I learn my lesson the last time I ran one? Apparently I forgot how bad my feet start to hurt at mile 11 or how my lungs start to burn at mile 9 or how mentally I check out at mile 7. Maybe it's like childbirth...you do it over and over because you forget how bad it was the time before! Notice in one of the pics that there is a wheelchair conveniently parked next to a stop sign. Oh how I wanted to take the hint! It was a gorgeous route though and it was overcast and cool which was a total bonus. My Mom was so super cute to wake up early with me and be a little photographer along the way. She is my biggest fan. ;) Mark and Amelia met me at the finish line which was just the motivation I needed to keep going. My nieces even made big posters which made me laugh so hard. It was so cute. It feels like I've been training forever for it, so I'm just happy it's over. We went straight to a breakfast BBQ with Mark's family and then home for a nice long nap. My Mom had even decorated my house with balloons and posters for running the half - it was really sweet. Amelia must have known I needed a good nap too because we all slept for 3 hours! It was heaven. Then we had a little shindig at our house with steaks, Brazilian lemonade and lots of fireworks! Amelia was more into the fireworks than I thought she would be so it was a blast to watch her take it all in. She is my little star and I love her so much! Happy Independence Day!














1 comment:

The Buttars Family said...

Great pictures of the 3 of you after the race! Good work on the 1/2 marathon!