On May 2, Amelia had her debut at church for her blessing. What an amazing day for our little family. Good thing we have church in the afternoon or else we wouldn't have made it! Mark did an absolutely fabulous job and let everyone see his softer side. Amelia on the other hand let us all know that she had her Daddy's lungs! But gratefully, she quieted down half way through the blessing and it ended beautifully. Afterward, we fed the multitudes at our house and it was crazy! I didn't think we could squish that many people in our little house. My family did an incredible job at jumping in and taking over the kitchen so I could enjoy the day. How grateful I am for all of our family and friends that supported us. There were so many who were there from out of town which made it even more special. We love you all so much. So, forgive me once more for posting a gazillion pictures. There are just too many cute ones!
This past Sunday was one I've been waiting for. It always seemed that Mother's Day was a bit of a sad day for me, especially since I've been married. I know all the things they say about all of us being Mothers, even if we don't have children of our own. But that never made me feel any better. So this Mother's Day, it was finally my turn to truly celebrate, and be celebrated. I'm honored to be Amelia's Mother and I am at a loss for words almost everyday at the amount of love I have for her. We celebrated by taking my Mom, Mark's Mom, and Mark's sister to brunch at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird. Delicious! Mark said he wishes he could eat that well every day! (Sorry I'm not a better cook honey!!) Then it was church, which is ironic after we had just broken the Sabbath, and then off to my Sister's house for dinner. It was a packed day and by the end, Amelia had had enough! But it was such a fun day and I can't believe it's already over. So again...loads of pictures!
And then there were just a few pics over the past week or two that I had to include. She loves her little play mat with all of her fishy's on them. She squeals and talks to them all the time. She loves her little cousins and thinks they are interesting to look at as well. Then the other day, we had our first walk in the neighborhood in the backpack. She wasn't quite sure what to do when gusts of wind would come up. Her Grandpa found a quiet moment to feed her a bottle. She loved it almost as much as he did!
6 comments:
A gazillion pictures could never be enough to satisfy grandparents. There's no way to capture all her cuteness, but we have to keep trying. Great pictures!
It is so fun to see you as a mommy!! She looked beautiful on her blessing day, I wish I could have been there :(! So many cute pictures, those smiles can brighten day! Too Cute!
Amy, she is so precious. Love all the pics.
Amelia is like Christmas everyday ! Can't get enough xoxo
I was so glad I got to be there for the blessing. There was so much going on, my only regret is that I didn't really get a chance to talk to you! But I look forward to seeing you hopefully later this year. I'm glad you had a good birthday and Mother's Day. Btw, did you know you and my husband are the same age?
Your Amelia has such a beautiful, contented look. The blessing gown was gorgeous BTW. So happy to have been there for the Blessing. Special treat for us all.
Post a Comment