Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One Month And Counting

Sunday marked 4 weeks since Amelia was born! Boy how time is flying. The whole concept of time for me has changed. My days are now my nights, and my nights are now my days. Hopefully that doesn't last much longer! And the thought of her being here for only 4 weeks is so crazy. It really feels like she has been in our lives forever. Now I have this little person that is so dependant on me for her every need, and it feels like that is how life has always been, or at least how it's always meant to be. If one month flew by, I can't imagine how the rest of her life is going to go. I'm certainly eating up every minute of it! She continues to grow and change every day. Her birth weight was 8 pounds 8 ounces...at her 2 week appointment she was 9 pounds 4 ounces...and we had her weighed yesterday at Lactation Station and she was 10 pounds 7 ounces! Needless to say she isn't struggling with eating! And just like the chub on her cheeks growing every day, my love for her grows every day too! So again, here are a bunch of pics...forgive me for the quantity!


Case in point of how fast time goes by: This is my nephew Sam who is just turning 16. I was just turning 16 when HE was born and now we are sitting there with my baby on his 16th birthday. I VIVIDLY remember the day he was born and it doesn't feel like that long ago!









6 comments:

Frau Magister said...

I love that yawning picture.

Lisa Heath said...

I agree, the yawning picture is so cute. Her little outfit is adorable. How is it that I live two houses away and I feel like I have missed this little girl's entire life? We need to change that.

Nat said...

NEVER apologize for the number of pictures! That is all some of us get to see and I want to see every one of them! She is precious and it kills me to not be there! Kin turned 16 today, how is it possible that they (and we) are that old? What a cute boy Sam is!

Kass said...

What I love about blogging is that we get to peek into your life a little and see the progress of your magnificent baby. I also enjoy seeing how well you express yourself. You get to see a whole new side to people through their writing. (There can never be enough pictures)

ashli said...

ditto to the last comment.
love the pictures…i need to come and see her and eat her toes!
hope you are well!

Carrie Nation said...

I wish I could see her in person. Hopefully I get to see her while she's still a baby! She looks so sweet and precious. Thank you for sharing all the pictures.

(Maybe I'll see you this summer. If not, maybe you'll make it down to AZ sometime around Christmas this year?)