Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Look Back...

So I thought I would start this lovely little thing called a blog by showing the transformation from being a thirty-something, to a pregnant thirty-something. After all, my whole rationale behind starting this is to show off my beautiful little girl. For those of you who don't know, we had to do about 20 months of fertility before we got pregnant. Had it been 10 years ago, the Doctors never would have known how to treat my specific problem. How blessed we are to live in an age of modern medicine!


9 Weeks. Ironically, Holli (my friend in the pic) was pregnant at the same time but didn't know it yet!


Running the Bear Lake Half Marathon, also around 9 weeks. Running pretty much stopped for me after that...no fun to hold my chest as I run!


Fetal Fotos at 15 1/2 Weeks. It's a Girl!!


My cute Mom already had the house decorated by the time we got home from Fetal Fotos.


September 2009. Our 2 Year Anniversary, with a nice little belly starting to pop out!



We thought it would be fun to give Amelia her first Halloween costume. My nieces had a blast painting my belly!


November 2009. Oh boy, the belly was getting big!


Fetal Fotos again at 29 weeks. Couldn't wait any longer to see her little face!



Our last Christmas with no kids! So strange.


7 weeks to go!


6 weeks to go!


My ward baby shower. Looks like a basketball under my shirt! Sitting anywhere for more than 5 minutes at this point was SO uncomfortable.


My friend Nat who suckered my in to starting a blog. So fun that she was in town for one of my baby showers!



One day to go...technically. My Mother-In-Law tried to use pressure points and massage to induce labor! I was SO ready to be done!


February 18. My very last appointment and she is 4 days late. Strange to think that the next time I would go to the hospital, I would leave with a baby!! Even more strange for me to know that I actually survived being pregnant. What a trip!

6 comments:

grammy vicki said...

Ames, the blog is darling, and the 9 month journey is fantastic. You will appreciate it lots more in two or three years. How are you doing?

Kass said...

Beautiful picture-book story. So glad you're documenting everything. I love the design of your blog.

Frau Magister said...

I love the jack-o-lantern!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful journey. So happy everything went well. She is a beautiful baby, just like her mother.

Nat said...

Its a good start!! I love all the belly pics but I would really like to see some of her outside your body!! Thank goodness for Skype or I would have no idea what she looks like :)! I loved seeing her today, I really need to come snuggle her!

Amy Edwards said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone. And be patient...I have over 1,000 pics to sort through of the baby! It's a process! I promise to get to it soon!